Terms & Conditions - Warranty
8hours Mattress Warranty
Who this warranty extends to
- This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
- Warranty is applicable only for the period of ownership by the original purchaser.
- Please retain a copy of the original receipt as a proof of this purchase.
- The warranty is not transferable.
8Hours's limited warranty and responsibilities
- Ortho Latex Mattress – 10 years limited warranty
- Plush Latex Mattress – 10 years limited warranty
- Talalay Latex Pillow - 7 years limited warranty
- Talalay Contour Latex Pillow - 7 years limited warranty
- Standard Latex Pillow - 7 years limited warranty
- Convoluted Contour Massage Pillow - 7 years limited warranty
What this limited warranty covers
This limited warranty applies to the following defects:
- Visible indentation greater than 1 inch.
- Physical flaws that cause the foam to split, crumble or crack
- 8hours latex Pillow - Formation of Lumps/Undue Compression
Common wear & tear issues
Wear & tear is common with any consumer
product. It does not mean that the product is malfunctioning. Here are some
tips on how to handle those.
- Stains on the mattress - Stains (sweat or other body fluids) can stain the mattress. We have taken care to ensure that the zipper cover will protect the mattress by absorbing any liquid but any excess liquid needs to be wiped away as soon as possible. In addition, washing the zipper cover every 3 months is advisable.
- Softening in some areas - It common to see some softening of the mattress where you rest your hip area. When this happens, just rotate the mattress or use it on the other side. In fact, it is advisable to flip or rotate the mattress at least every 3-6 months.
- Zipper malfunction - We use a good quality zipper for the zipper cover, but it is not meant for rough or frequent use. So, please ensure that you go easy on it.
- For accessories - Stitches coming out.
- Defects to the cover & zipper assembly.
- Any defects caused due to improper use of mattress/accessory or use without proper support.
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.
- Exposure to direct sunlight.
- Purchased from unauthorized sources.
- Commercial use - we know a lot of hotels use our mattresses and accessories for business purposes, but the warranty does not cover commercial use as the usage is heavy and often abusive.
- In the event of a genuine defect, 8Hours sole and exclusive liability will be to provide a repaired or a replacement mattress or accessory, at its own discretion.
- Address the warranty claim within 30 days of receiving an eligible warranty claim.
- Purchaser should return the defective product at his own expense to 8hours.
- Original proof of purchase should be attached.
- The product should be shipped to the address mentioned at the bottom of this page.
- All to-and-fro shipping and transportation costs that are part of the warranty Claim shall be borne by the Purchaser.
Disclaimer, limitation on liability
To the extent
permissible by applicable law, the mattress is provided “as is” and this
warranty and any implied warranties are your exclusive warranties and replace
all other warranties or conditions, express or implied. In no event will 8hours
or its suppliers be liable for of procurement of substitute products or other
special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or
related to the mattress or its use by you or any third party, whether under
theory of contract, tort (including negligence), indemnity, product liability
This limitation will apply even if 8hours has been advised of such damages and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. 8hours total liability will not exceed the purchase price paid for the mattress giving rise to such liability.
Arbitration and governing law
Applicable law will be exclusively such prevailing laws in the state of Tamil Nadu and the venue of arbitration will be exclusively limited to the City courts of Chennai
8Hours, No.32, Periyar Street, Kannigapuram, Avadi, Chennai-600054